TysonAdams

Tyson Adams Reviews

Book lover and science nerd. See more from me at http://tysonadams.com

Kill or Be Killed, Vol. 3
James S.A. Corey
The Pleasures and Sorrows of Work. Alain de Botton
Alain de Botton
Deadpool by Joe Kelly Omnibus
Shannon Denton, James Felder, Ed McGuinness, Joe Kelly, Aaron Lopresti, Bernard Chang, Stan Lee, Pete Woods
Solomon Creed
Simon Toyne

Deadpool Killustrated

Deadpool Killustrated - Matteo Lolli, Cullen Bunn I've never entirely gotten onboard of Deadpool. On paper (boom tish) Deadpool should tickle all of my reading spots: humour, irreverence, action, Ryan Reynolds man crush. But so far I'm still on the fence about being a fan. Admittedly I haven't read Joe Kelly's classic run, so maybe that is tainting my perspective.

So why read Deadpool Killustrated? Well, funny you should ask, voice in my head. I thought the premise and execution of Deadpool Kills The Marvel Universe was an interesting story: a very meta tale. After you've read Punisher Kills The Marvel Universe, you'd think that the idea of one Marvel character finding a way to kill all the other Marvel characters is pretty much tapped out, but the Deadpool version took that idea so much further. Killustrated is the logical extension of that story, and hence worth a read.

I'm only giving this three stars, however, as the story felt somewhat abbreviated/abridged (much like Deadpool Kills). The story concept wasn't fully realised, but still worth a read.